Amazon have just launched their Dash buttons in the UK. Now, at first glance, the idea is simple, but perhaps a little far fetched – I mean, do we really need to order items off Amazon with a single button click? Read our Amazon Dash Review to find out!
That, simply, is what Amazon Dash does. It is a single button that, once signed in to your amazon account, allows you to order a specific item at the touch of a button. Amazon were early internet pioneers with their “one click” ordering feature. With Amazon Dash, they have brought this firmly into the real world.
But it’s simplicity is perhaps what makes it so great. As new parents, time is precious. We’re big fans of anything that reduces the more mundane aspets of daily life, and using online shopping is a great way to claw back some precious time. Added to which, our little bundles of joy are quite fond of pooing on just about anything they can, and so the weekly purchase of nappies and cleaning products quickly becomes part of life.
Setting up Amazon Dash
To use Dash, you need Amazon Prime – this upfront cost saves money in the long run by giving you unlimited one-day delivery on millions of eligible items. To set up Dash, you’ll need a smartphone (either an iPhone or new-ish Android phone).
- First, install the Amazon Shopping App. Make sure you’ve enabled Bluetooth and Wifi on your phone, and then in the shopping app, tap the menu, select “Your Account” and then under “Dash devices” tap “Set up new device”.
- You’ll be prompted to sign in to your Amazon account and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, hold the Dash button until the light flashes, and then hit “Connect” in the app. Your phone will then find your Dash button and go through the process of setting up your wifi connection. After this, the Dash button will talk to the internet without needing your phone.
- You can then select the product you want your Dash button to order. Note to self – does Amazon sell wine?
- Finally, stick the Dash button somewhere useful. With a toddler in the house, I’d recommend sticking it somewhere up high!
You can read the full setup instructions on Amazon.
Amazon Dash buttons for new parents
There are a number of Dash buttons available that are great time savers for new parents:
Huggies Dash Button
Need nappies? Press your Huggies Dash Button to have a box of nappies delivered, for free, in 24 hours!
DryNites Dash Button
If your child is a little older, then DryNites also have some Dash compatible products.
Johnsons Baby Wipes Dash Button
Baby wipes, on demand!
Dettol Dash Button
I love the smell of Dettol in the morning.
Ariel Dash Button
Stick one of these on your washing machine and never worry about running out of washing powder again!
Play-Doh Dash Button
It doesn’t all have to be about poos and cleaning – the Dash button can also dispatch pots of Play-Doh fun for you! So, when your current batch of Play-Doh deteriorates into 6 pots of brown smear, you can quickly get some nice fresh colours to brighten up your play!
Is Amazon Dash safe?
Amazon have thought about the process here, and I think come up with a product that is both useful and useable. To put your mind at ease, once you’ve placed an order throygh your Dash button no other orders will be placed for 24 hours. As a result, the chance of a rouge toddler ordering thousands of loo rolls is minimal.
Have you tried Amazon Dash? Let us know in the comments! Hope you liked our Amazon Dash review!